doughnut is a popular snack which is made from a combination of Yeast, milk, sugar, water and a host of other ingredients. It’s quite simple with less oil and it can either be baked or fried.
Below are the ingredients you will be needing
- • 5 Milk cups Flour
- 4 tsp. Bakers yeast
- 1 (milk) cup milk (already dissolved in water)
- 2 tbsp. butter/margarine, Melted
- 1 milk cup sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cups Groundnut Oil for deep frying
- 1 Tsp of nutmeg
Method on How to Make doughnut
- n a small bowl, pour the sugar into the milk and mix with a spoon to dissolve
- In a medium sized empty bowl, Pour about two cups of Flour, Yeast, Salt – Mix together.
- Make a well in the center and gently pour in the milk/sugar mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Rinse the milk bowl with about 1/2 a cup of water and add to the batter
- then mix gently to make a semi thick paste.
- Add the Melted butter and whisked egg into the batter and mix to incorporate
- Gently fold in the rest of the flour till you have a stretchy dough.
- Ditch the spatula, wash your hands, bring out the dough and place on a work surface – knead the dough with clean hands.
- if the dough feels sticky, add some flour and knead some more.
- The dough should have a non-sticky, stretchy feel like chewed gum.
- then cut the dough to your desire size
- Roll them into a ball shape let it be very smooth
- Sprinkle some of the flour in a clean and dry tray
- Place the roll smooth dough on it
- Roll the dough and let them be the same size
- Give them space so that when it rises it won’t stick together
- Once you are done with the rolling set aside for it to rise
- Get a clean pot on fire
- Add vegetable oil
- Once it’s hot, start adding your doughnut
- If you want ring doughnut, you just put your finger in the middle of the doughnut to make a hole in it
- Fry till golden brown
- Sprinkle with sugar, fill with jam.
And your doughnut is ready