Nigerian spring rolls is a very popular snack, usually called a small chops and served as an appetizer at parties and other festive occasions.
There are several varieties, but the most popular one isfilled with minced meat and vegetables and wrapped in a spring roll wrapper.
Spring roll recipe
Below are the ingredients you will be needing
- 300 grams minced meat 250g cabbage, finely shredded/grated
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled, grated- 100ml meat stock- 1 finely cut green bell pepper
- A handful of green peas
- 1 small onion, minced or finely sliced
- Spices seasoning cube, curry and Thyme scent pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Garlic chuped
- 15 Spring roll wrappers.
Method on How to Make sausage roll
- PUT a clean pot on fire
- Add vegetable oil
- Add onions
- Add the minced meat and stir fry it
- Add a bit of the meat stock
- Add the cabbage and carrots
- Mix them together
- Add the garlic and green pepper
- Scent pepper
- Seasoning cube to taste
- Salt to taste let it cook for a minute
- Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, add a tablespoon of flour and a little water. Mix thoroughly and set aside. This would be used to bind the spring roll wrappers.
Spread out spring roll wrappers and add the filling. Fold together and seal the edges with the binder
Heat up the oil until very hot and fry the spring rolls until crusty and brown. Place a paper towel to drain out excess oil
And it’s really.