Ewedu Soup is a traditional soup native to the Yoruba people of Nigeria. It is often served with Amala or any other traditional swallow food like Eba, Pounded yam or fufu. It is very delicious and nutritious.
How to Prepare Ewedu Soup Recipe
below are the ingredients you will be needing to prepare Ewedu soup
- Ewedu leaves (Jute)
- Iru (Locust beans)
- Seasoning cube to taste
- Salt to taste
Method to Prepare Ewedu Soup
- You Pluck your ewedu and wash it very well and set aside
- Wash the Iru (Locust beans) and set aside
- Put pot on fire add little water in the pot
- Add potash and the iru allow it to boil For 3 minutes
- Then blend your ewedu and add it into the boiling water and iru
- Mix it well and allow it to boil
- Add seasoning cube to taste
- And salt to taste
- Add your blended crayfish.
- And your soup is ready to be eaten with Amala or Eba.
If you found this post helpful, kindly drop a message in the comment section below. Thank you.