Gbegiri soup is a tasty Nigerian soup indigenous to the Yoruba people which is an ethnic group located primarily in western part of Nigeria. It’s made from pureed beans and has a slightly watery texture.
You can eat Gbegiri Soup with Amala, Semo. In Nigeria parties you see more people ordering for Abula more than rice.
How to Prepare Gbegiri Soup Recipe
Below are the ingredients you will be needing to pepare Gbegiri Soup
- Half derica of Honey beans
- 5 Ata rodo (scotch pepper)
- 2 cooking spoon of palm oil
- 2 medium size of onions
- Seasoning cube
Method on How to Prepare Gbegiri Soup
- Pour your beans in a bowl and wash it with your hands to remove the skin
- In a pot put the peeled beans and add water
- Add the scotch pepper
- Add onions
- Add the potash, but the beans can be cooked without the potash
- And cook everything together till the beans is soft
- Pour it into the blender and blend it till it’s very smooth
- Pour it back into the pot
- Add Palm oil
- Seasoning cube to taste, and salt to taste
- Allow it to boil, if it’s too thick add more water.
and your gbegiri soup is ready.
If you find this post helpful please drop your comments in the comment section below. Thanks