Gizdodo is the combination of plantains and Gizzards (chicken Gizzards) and Plantains mixed in Pepper Sauce. This recipe is great for mid-week or weekend dinner because it’s so straightforward and of-course tasty. It can be eaten with jollof rice or fried rice or alone. Gizdodo is a simple dish that delivers great flavor with minimal effort.
Below are the ingredients you will be needing to prepare Gizdodo
- Habanero pepper(Rodo)
- Vegetable oil
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Seasoning cube
- Green beans
Method on How to Prepare Gizdodo
- If the Gizzards you are using is big, cut them into 2 but if it’s small size then you can use it like that.
- Wash your Gizzards and season it with seasoning cube, salt and with onions.
- Then boil it and fry it and set aside.
- Blend your tomatoes pepper and onions then set aside.
- Cut your green pepper, yellow pepper, red pepper and carrots then set aside.
- Then dice some onions and set aside
- Put pot on fire
- Add vegetable oil
- Add the diced onions, Allow it to fry a bit
- Add your blended pepper and allow it to fry for some minutes.
- Then Add the fried Gizzards
- Add some round cut onions and some round cut tomatoes
- Let it boil for 2 minutes
- Add your fried plantain and mix together
- Get another fry pan and add a little vegetable oil
- Then pour all the cut vegetables Stir-Fry it together for just a few minutes
- Pour the vegetables into the Gizzards and plantain on fire
- And stir it together
- Add seasoning cube and salt to taste
- And you gizdodo is ready.