Nigerian Moimoi (also Moin Moin) is a great dish accessory in Nigeria. It is commonly seen accompanying Jollof Rice, Fried Rice, Fried Plantain, Custard, Akamu (Pap/Ogi) etc. It can even be eaten alone as a snack with a chilled soft drink.
Below are the ingredients you will be needing:
- 1 Derica of beans 800g
- 7 Big eggs
- 1 Big smoked titus fish
- 800g of tatase
- Rodo 200g
- 5 scoops of vegetable oil
- Moimoi leaves
- 9 pcs of big size of onions
- Seasoning cube
- Corn beef
Method of making moimoi
- Peel your beans and add a little water for it to be softened
- Boil your eggs, Peel them, slice them and aside
- Debone the smoked titus fish and set aside
- wash the moimoi leaves and set aside
- Get frying pan on fire, Add the vegetable oil, Allow it to be hot
- Cut some onions round round and add it to the hot oil on fire
- Turn off the fire and leave the onions in the oil, Allow it to get burnt, then remove the burnt onions and set aside the oil
- The burnt onions will give the moimoi a very nice flavor.
- Add your onions, tatase, rodo to the washed beans and grind it, don’t allow the water to be too much
- once you are done with the grinding, then you start mixing it, you mix it very well so that it can be Fluffy.
- Add seasoning cube to taste
- Add salt to taste
- Pour the pre heated oil and mix it well
- Add the titus fish and mix it
- Get a deep pot on fire, and put the sticks that you have cut from the moimoi leaves, add a little water and reduce the heat
- Then start raping your moimoi inside the leave, as you Pour the moimoi into the leave you add the sliced egg and set them into the pot on fire
- Once you are done add more water, use some of the leave to cover it then cover again with the pot cover, and allow it to cook for 30 minutes.
And your moimoi is ready!