Oha Soup is a delicious soup that is easy to make and you can guarantee that no matter how it is made, it would still come out delicious. You can eat it with all kinds of swallow like fufu, semo, eba etc.This recipe comes from the eastern part of Nigeria. It is one of those native Igbo soups that you taste and just can’t forget it.
Oha leaves are gotten from the evergreen tree in Africa. The plant is botanically known as Pterocarpus mildraedii and it contains many nutrients such as fiber, amino acids, calcium, iron, potassium and vitamin A.
How to Prepare Oha Soup Recipe
Below are the ingredients you will be needing to pepare Oha Soup
- Beef/ Assorted meats/Goat meat/Smoked chicken.
- Yam/Ufo/Coco yam,(Soup thickener)
- stock fish
- Dry fish
- Smoked prawn (optional)
- palm oil
- Seasoning cube
- Oha Leave
- Uziza leave
- meat stock.
- Yellow pepper
Method on How to prepare Oha Soup
- Season your Assorted meats with seasoning cube and salt with onions and cook it and set aside
- Boil your pomo and stock fish and set aside
- Wash your Oha leaves and cut it and set aside
- Wash your Uziza leave and cut it and set aside
- Debone the dry fish and set aside
- blend your yellow pepper and onions and set aside
- Blend crayfish and set aside
- put pot on fire
- Add your Assorted meats and pomo with the stock water
- If it’s need more water then add
- Put the stock fish and dry fish and prawns
- Allow it to boil
- Add your Ogiri
- Add your blended yellow pepper and onions
- And add palm oil and add crayfish
- Then pile your yam and blend it till it’s smooth
- Add your blended yam to thicken your soup
- Add seasoning cube to taste
- Salt to taste
- Add your Uziza leave and Oha Leave
- And your soup is ready.
For more enquiries on the soup please drop your comments below. Thanks.