Banga and okro is a Nigerian dish made with Okro and Banga (Palm Fruit). It is a combination of two (2) Banga soup is from the Urhobo ethnic group and it can be served with numerous swallows like Eba (garri), fufu, pounded yam, starch, etc.
Okro banga soup recipe
Below are the ingredients you will be needing
- Banga (Palm fruit)
- Fresh fish
- Banga spices
- Stock fish
- Banga leave
- Obunrunbebe stick
- Yellow pepper
- Smoked fish
- Seasoning cube
Method on How to Prepare okro banga soup
- eason your fresh fish with seasoning cube and salt then set aside
- Boil your stock fish and set aside
- Boil your Craps and set aside
- Blend the yellow pepper and onions and set aside
- Debone the smoked fish and set aside
- You will cut the edges of the bumbum of the periwinkle and wash it very well, then Boil it and set aside
- Wash the banga leave and set aside
- If you are using fresh palm kernel fruit(nut),
- Boil for 30 minutes and check to be sure the skin is soft.
- Then pound lightly in a mortar to extract the oil.
- Make sure you don’t break the nuts,while pounding.
- Pour in some hot water and strain the extract through a sieve.
- Cut your okro into rounds and set aside
- Pour in a pot and boil until it thickens and the oil rises to the top.
- Add the Obunrunbebe stick
- Add your blended pepper and onions
- Add your fresh fish, Craps, stock fish, smoked fish
- Add your periwinkle
- Allow it to boil For 2 minutes
- Add your grinded crayfish
- And also add your banga leave
- Add your okro
- Add seasoning cube and salt to taste
- Allow it to boil For few minutes
And your soup is ready