Boiled yam and egg sauce is very easy to make. Typically in Nigeria, we use tomatoes, scotch bonnet chilli and onions in making this sauce. Egg sauce and boiled yam is one of the breakfast staples in Nigeria or should I say weekend breakfast. This egg sauce recipe is one of the easiest and quickest Nigerian sauce you can make. It tastes incredible and will leave you begging for more!
Yam and egg sauce recipe
Below are the ingredients you will be needing
- medium-size tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium-size onion
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 pieces scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 seasoning cube
- Salt to taste
Method on How to Prepare Yam and egg sauce
- First of all, peel the yam tuber and slice, after that, wash and place in a pot
- Secondly, pour in water add salt and cook to soften, drain water out from yam cover and set aside in a food cooler.
- Thirdly, wash and slice your tomatoes, onions, and pepper separately, furthermore, in a deep bowl break the egg sprinkle salt and whisk until both egg yolk and while is properly mixed, keep aside until ready for use.
- Fourthly, in a frying pan, heat up your vegetable oil, stir in the sliced onions, tomatoes, and pepper.
- Finally, stir fry the tomatoes until dry when it starts sticking to the frying pan, at this point add in the seasoning cube.
- Lastly, pour in the whisked eggs then allow frying for 4-5 minutes before removing from heat, wow sauce for yam is ready.
Serve with your boiled yam