Seafood Okro Soup is one of the easiest Nigerian soups to make. You really don’t have to be an expert in the kitchen to to prepare up a great pot of okro soup.. You can eat Okro Soup with different types of swallow like fufu, eba, pounded yam and so on.
Seafood Oil-less Okro Soup Recipe
Below are the ingredients needed to prepare seafood oil-less okro soup
- 50 fingers of Okro
- 4 pcs of fresh fish
- 4 pcs of snail
- 8 pcs of fresh prawns
- A handful of calamari
- 5/8 pcs of yellow pepper
- 3/4 pcs of medium size of onions
- Stock fish
- Seasoning cube to taste
- Salt to taste.
Method to Prepare Seafood Okro Soup
- Season fish with seasoning cube and salt, and set aside. Also season the prawn and calamari and set aside.
- Grind yellow pepper and onions and set aside.
- Wash the snail and season it add onions and boil it in the pressure pot for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, put pot on fire add the snail and stock into the pot add the grinded yellow pepper and onions add the stock fish, then add 1cup of water
- Allow it to boil, then add the fresh fish and fresh prawns and calamari Allow it to boil For 5 minutes.
- Pick out the fish and prawns and set aside.
- Put another pot on fire add a very little water and potash and pour your chopped okro. Stir it allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Then add it into the sauce and add the fish prawn allow it boil for another 3 minutes and your soup is ready.
- If you want it to have oil, just add palm oil to the boiling sauce and you will have this. 👇
If you found this post helpful, kindly drop a message in the comment section below.